Monday, February 13, 2012

A Mother

The other day someone asked me what was the biggest thing I'd learned so far from having a baby.
At the time I didn't know where to start or how to answer that question. I thought about it, and I still don't know about the biggest. But if I had to define motherhood for myself, I'd say:
It's feeling more than you ever have before--both of the deepest blue, and the brightest yellow.
It's nothing easy and it's all worry.
It's exhustion and elation.
It's all work and all play.
It's the fastest, hardest, and most rewarding growing process you can ever put yourself through.
It's being paid in nothing but experience, cuddles, and smiles; and only getting a tip you'd rather not have ;)
It's finding a new reason to pray evey hour, and learning to trust more on the arm of the Lord every day.
I don't know about the biggest thing that I've learned from having a baby, but I know that it's a big learning process itself.
And it's heping to refine me everyday--as a friend, a daughter, a sister, a wife, a woman, and --of course--
A Mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment