Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Time Has Come

"The time has come!" The mommy said,
"To eat some solid things.
Of barley, and oat, rice cerial.
Not Cabbage yet, Or Burger Kings!
And nothing that is boiling hot,
Or Red Bull (it might give you wings...)."

"But wait a bit!" the William cried,
"Before you give me that.
For I only like to drink my food,
And it's enough to make me fat!"
"No hurry!" said the Kylie mom,
he thanked her much for that.

*adapted from part of The Walrus and the Carpenter

Yep, we decided to try rice cerial. William was watching us intently while we ate and was smacking his lips :) I was a little too excited to wait till exactly 6 mo. But William didn't accept the cerial as well as I thought he would. He digested it fine, and accepted a few feedings, but kind of gets mad at me when I try to feed it to him now. I think that's because I'm making it too cold... I don't know, we're still in experimental mode right now. I'm just trying to figure out what I'm doing :)
You can watch the video of the first feeding on facebook (it takes too long to put in on here).

Another update: William sits very well on his own! Plus he prefers this much more to tummy time, and it kind of satisfies our need for a new development :) So fun stuff!

1 comment:

  1. your little boy is so cute! and you look so pretty in the pics from your other post. I hope your doing well!

    ReplyDelete