Saturday, January 7, 2012

Tis the Season

We had a great holiday season this year and enjoyed all the festivities! First off Adam was very relieved to have the semester over and to find out he received the A's he worked hard to get. Then we had our own little Christmas on the 19th just like we did last year :) Adam received a book he had asked for, a golfing glove, a picture I had painted for him, and a "hospital" mug (since he was always stealing drinks from mine). Adam surprised me with a work out video I had wanted and a very cute, black, pea-coat! William got some Thomas the tank engine movies for the future.
Anyway, after opening presents and going to church, we headed straight for the Remund Family Christmas party in Salt Lake and didn't even have to stop once for William (yay!).
Then we spent some time in Utah (my sister and I even tried on our old wedding dresses and cheer uniforms!)...




...flew on a nap-less flight with Ben and Maura to WA, and got to spend a whole week with Mom and Dad Brewer and ... everyone else! (luckily, after some grueling questions, security let me fly without my driver’s license!)Here's us on the plane!

It was great to see friends and family.




It was actually pretty comical when everyone was at the Brewer household for four days straight. Babies were napping (or crying) left and right, Sprout TV was on for everyone's entertainment, and we created a wind tunnel in the basement for baby sleeping purposes... lol. Golf and ping pong were played of course, and then some sicknesses seemed to end the fun just as it had begun :(
Actually, the day that Adam was home sick we got to go to the new Vancouver Library and check out their children's discovery floor (my own name for it) It was awesome! I wished William was old enough to apretiate it. They had a music game that had pipes inside and you'd put balls in and turn it and the balls would come out and hit the pipes and make certain notes... you just had to see for yourself...

Then, you could turn knobs to move 12 shapes that would make almost every letter of the alphabet! (I didn't know that before)

And.. well, lots more! But I'll jsut show some pics:


And then the day came when we had to fly back to Utah (this time I had had my driver’s license mailed to me so I could be confident in my departure plans).
William actually took a nap on the plane this time (under the seat in front of me (like some luggage!)), and was told he acted like a seasoned flier by our fellow passenger :)
Then it was some more family fun with the Remund side again where we got a whole basement to ourselves and some good relaxation and movie watching.



We even got to visit Grandma Brewer in the recovery center. And Willam enjoyed Grandpa's bed :)


Now we're home (in sunny Rexburg??) and Adam has started his new and final semester here at BYUI. We're going to try to savor our last few months here!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness William is getting so big! And I also forgot my license last summer when I was flying haha so I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete