Sunday, May 11, 2014

What's Up, Easter, and Mother's Day....

Well, it's been a few months since I decided to update the blog! Things got busy and it sort of fell to the bottom of my priority list. But in case you're wondering, we're doing fine :)

Here is  a little of what's been up with us:

Adam just got done with his second year of grad-school and pulled off all A's again. He's been a 4.0 student his whole grad student career! He also taught a class this semester and enjoyed that as well. He's all busy doing windows still, and he got a 20 hr a week job doing research and writing for the college this summer on the side as well. (He hopes he'll have time for some projects around the house, but we'll see...). He's always on the go.

Us here at home feel busy too, only with not so much pressure :) William has been involved with a developmental playgroup put on at the Bannock Youth Foundation down town and he loves it. He knows all his friends' names and talks about his teachers as well. (This picture is from their field trip to Pizza Hut)


Chloe is growing like a weed of course, and is crawling and moving and grooving, and oh-so happy about it! She started off with a funny flop scoot thing but it lasted for a very short while and we didn't even get a chance to catch it on tape! But now she is crawling, and William is not so pleased. He's always saying, "Chloe, NO! Don't get my train tracks!" "Don't get my cars!"etc, etc. And so it begins... Sharing battles ... yay!
>Here is where I'll put the video of her crawling as soon as it will work...<

Speaking of sharing, I also started a website (called Little Wagon Train) to write down all of my information about parenting and things I learned through working in the preschool labs at BYU-I. Partially to help me just remember it all and have  a place I could always find it all organized etc, but also as a way to share things from my parenting education training and hopefully I can use it later down the road as a resume extension :) Anyway, I wrote an article about sharing. Check it out if you want to, and feel free to leave a comment!

http://littlewagontrain.com/

We had a good Easter. First one I think William will remember well. I tried to make it as candy free as possible, but... you know how it is :)



We did baskets in the morning, watched a Living Scripture video on Christ's Resurrection, did an egg hunt before church, and later that day, we hung out with Adam's cousin Kaycie , Tyler and their daughter Leah. They had an egg hunt of their own in Leah's backyard too :)

Anyway, life has been good, and this mother's day I just feel thankful to be a mother to two beautiful children whom I love so much. We also love our mothers and here is our video tribute to Grandmothers today! Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment