Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Story

Alright, so, birth story for Chloe!

As most of you know, we had a scheduled C-section for Chloe right from the beginning due to the fact that my pelvis structure isn't favorable when it comes to giving birth vaginally, and the likely-hood of it ending up in an emergency one anyway was high enough that I just decided it wasn't worth the risk. So planed it was. We were referred to our doctor here in Pocatello from our doctor in Rexburg who he did his residency with (if that sentence even made sense...). And we love him. Doctor Kyle Clifford. But we found out that family practice doctors can't do C-sections here in Pocatello, only OB's can. So we had to meet with another doctor who would actually perform the surgery. Doctor Jones. They are actually good friends and are both bishops! So we knew we were in good hands :)
The C-section was planned for the 19th of June and the pregnancy went very smooth the whole way. Two weeks before game day the doc measured me and I was already 2 cm dilated. But Chloe stayed put. Except, she must have known she was coming on the 19th because I started having contractions around 11:30 pm the night before! They got a little more intense once we woke up and got to the hospital. One nurse even said the monitor said I was having them 2-3 min apart right before we headed into the surgery room! So I still got to feel a few contractions :)
Once in the surgery room, they put in my spinal block and prepped me all up and got to work!
All went smoothly and I'd say it was even fun. We were able to just feel the excitement without the drama and pain. The doctors just chatted (Doc Clifford was there assisting in the C-section with Jones)and--side note--I asked them to check to see how thin my uterus was looking (see if it's safe to have more children etc) and he said because I had been contracting it was thin-ish, but I'd be totally fine with at least one more :).
It all went pretty fast too. Chloe was born 15 min after they started and the whole thing was done in under a 1/2 hour. Oh, and did I mention Adam got to watch in all through a little window in the curtain they put up? He loved it. I'm not so sure I would have lol.
But It really was my dream experience. Chloe never left Adam and He was holding her waiting for me in the recovery room where I got to nurse Chloe right away. She came out starving! And she is a champion nurser (my boobs hurt like crazy).
Then we just had our regular hospital stay which lasted for not even two full days. And so far so good :)
Here are more pictures (she get's lot's of good daddy time):


As for William, he is really adjusting well too. He's starting to get more of an attitude so I think we're officially entering the terrible two's, but he loves Chloe and points to all her facial features and toes etc :)
Adam never missed a beat and continued on with some projects. We now have a dishwasher all hooked up and working and he found a hidden closed that was behind dry wall in William's room. So they opened that up and he's now just finishing it up with a new door, paint, carpet, and shelves. Does he ever stop? No. Pretty sure his work ethic is too much for me to keep up with. All I can manage is tidying and dishes lol.
Anyway, all is good and life is getting to a new norm.

No comments:

Post a Comment